ShopKeep is a robust retail/restaurant point of sale software for iPad, that goes beyond the functionality of more basic software such as Square or PayPal Here. Looking to set up your business with ShopKeep, or switch from other point of sale software to ShopKeep? This article will go over everything you need to know about ShopKeep, including:
- What ShopKeep is and where you can use it
- What hardware is officially compatible with ShopKeep
What is ShopKeep?
ShopKeep is POS software for iPad. It's ideal for retail, quick service, restaurants, and bars. It functions similarly to other point of sale software, such as Square, but with a greater array of features. It's a monthly subscription based software, but it doesn't require a contract, and you're able to cancel at anytime (to cancel, contact email@example.com). Includes a cloud-based BackOffice, which is available on a desktop computer, and pocket management app, available for your iPhone or Android phone.
Available for purchase here! ShopKeep is $69 per month, and a free demo is available to test before subscribing (see their website for more details)
The ShopKeep app is compatible with iOS 9 or later. It's no longer compatible with devices running iOS 7 or below, and is ShopKeep is dropping support for iOS 8 shortly.
- Works best on iPad 2017 (5th gen), iPad Pro, or iPad Mini 4
- Is also compatible with iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad Mini 3 and iPad Mini 2
- Will work on iPad 2, 3 or 4, or first generation iPad Mini, but they may not be able to handle high-volume sales as well.
- Does not work with first generation iPad, or iPhone or Android devices.
ShopKeep Officially Compatible HardwareShopKeep is officially compatible with a variety of barcode scanners, receipt printers, cash drawers, and other accessories. Check back soon for unoffically compatible hardware listings!
ShopKeep is officially compatible with the following bluetooth barcode scanners:
ShopKeep is officially compatible with the following Ethernet and Bluetooth interface receipt printers:
- TSP100III Ethernet Interface (Available in grey or white)
- TSP650II (TSP654IIBI-24) Bluetooth Interface
- SM-T300i (SM-T300I2-DB50) Bluetooth Interface
- SP700 Impact (SP742ME) Ethernet Interface
- TM-m10 Bluetooth Interface (Available in black or white)
- TM-m10 Ethernet Interface (Available in black or white)
ShopKeep is compatible with the following printer driven cash drawers:
APG Printer Driven:
ShopKeep is officially compatible with:
- Dymo Label Writer 450
The label printer doesn't work in conjunction with your iPad, it connects to a desktop computer for printing barcodes or labels. Connects to ShopKeep using the BackOffice application.
ShopKeep is officially compatible with the:
This card reader must be encrypted specifically for ShopKeep! Please contact us for more information. For other card readers, see ShopKeep's website.