Zebra Power Supply Recall
Zebra has issued a voluntary recall of power supply units of their barcode printers as of December 2016. The product recall potentially impacts the power supply units (PSUs) manufactured by FSP Group between October 1, 2010 and December 31, 2011 and were either sold as after-market kits or included with the sale of the following models of Zebra printers:
- G-Series (GK420D/T, GX420D/T, GX430D/T)
- GT Series (GT800, GT810, GT820, GT830)
- ZP455, HC100, P1XX Series (P100, P110, P120)
The PSUs were sourced from an established, reputable third-party manufacturer who has been cooperative with the voluntary recall mandates. The safety of our customers is of paramount importance to Zebra. While Zebra did not directly manufacture the PSUs, we recognize that our component-suppliers are an extension of Zebra and we are working diligently to rectify the issue in a manner that is least disruptive to our customers and channel partners.
HOW TO IDENTIFY IMPACTED EQUIPMENT AND REQUEST REPLACEMENTSSTEP 1. COLLECT PRINTER SERIAL NUMBER(S)
Identify if your Zebra printer(s) are one of the following models:
G-Series (GK420D/T, GX420D/T, GX430D/T), GT Series (GT800, GT810, GT820, GT830), ZP455, HC100, P1XX Series (P100, P110, P120), and ZXP3
Locate and record all serial numbers of printers (found on the label adhered to the bottom of the printer).
STEP 2. COLLECT POWER SUPPLY DATE CODE(S)
For each of the printers you identified above, please disconnect the PSU from the printer and examine the “brick” to locate the date code, which is marked with “D/C” (see video on right).
Ensure you check all spare power supplies not currently attached to printers.
If the date code is in the ranges 1039XX through 1052XX or 1101XX through 1152XX, your PSU has been included in the voluntary PSU recall. If the date code on your PSU is not within either date range, your PSU is not included in the voluntary PSU recall, and you can continue to use it with the appropriate Zebra printer.
STEP 3. VALIDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Complete the validation form to fully validate your information and to initiate the PSU replacement process.
Power Supply Recall Validation Form
If you have a large number of power supplies to replace (more than 10 power supplies per physical location), please contact Customer Support or call us at one of the numbers below and we will assist you with the request process.
Please be prepared to provide the following information associated with each affected power supply:
- Your company name and contact information
- "Ship To" information for replacement(s)
- Printer Serial Number(s) (e.g. H00009571)
- Power Supply Date Code(s) (e.g. 110710)
STEP 4. DESTROY AFFECTED UNIT
We request you destroy the PSU as outlined below and submit a picture providing proof of destruction to Zebra as follows:
- Take a picture of your brick(s), label side up, with the cable(s) cut off
- Email picture(s) of destroyed PSU(s) to PSUrecall@zebra.com with the following subject line: PSU Recall Proof of Destruction
- Include the following in the body of the email:
- Date codes(s) and quantity of the affected PSU(s)
- Your company’s name
- Location address(es) where the power supplies were used
- Contact information (optional)
- Recycle the destroyed PSU(s) and cable(s) in compliance with your local regulations. If you are not sure how or where to do this, contact the Reseller who sold you your equipment.
PLEASE NOTE: Consistent with Zebra’s commitment to continuous quality and energy efficiency improvements, the replacement PSU will have a different part number and higher energy efficiency than the affected PSU.
For more information, see the Zebra Recall Information Page, or contact our customer service team.